Better Buses News
Latest on FirstGlasgow’s reduction in services.
First Glasgow has updated their plans for service cuts on their website. The original letter was received by Patrick Harvie from the company in Late February and posted on his website.
The most recent update posted on the FirstGlasgow website has some additional changes, not mentioned in the February letter.
The changes are:
Alterations to previous list:
- service 17: Townhead and Coatbridge, and 213A:Bargeddie, Cranhill and Glasgow will now be withdrawn as of 28 April, rather than 7 May,
- a revised timetable will operate on the 120: East Kilbride and South Lanarkshire College.
- service 36 (Glasgow and Chryston/Cumbernauld) will have a revised timetable, however the previous assurance of no change in frequency has been removed.
Services affected that were not on original letter:
- Service 88: Glasgow and Kirkintilloch will have a slightly revised timetable
- Services 207 and 209: Motherwell, Hamilton and Bellshill circular will be withdrawn
- Service 240: Overtown or Pather and Glasgow slight revisions on weekdays
The changes result in 10 services being fully or partially withdrawn and 12 services with reduced frequency